Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Homeward Bound

I have been reading a book titled "Velvet Elvis: Repainting the Christian Faith" by Rob Bell. The book was written to challenge the faith of a Christian. I am enjoying the book, not because I agree with everything written, but because I disagree with some things and can see the Lord doing a beautiful work in my life. One passage, that I fell in love with was, "Being a Christian is not cutting yourself off from real life; it is entering into it more fully."

What a powerful and beautiful passage. I have struggled with this. Asking myself many times, "How do you live in this world, but not of it? Who should you surround yourself with, the found or the lost? How do you balance out this part of life?"

It seems that with all of these questions the Lord has guided me to the place where He wants me and I am so thankful I am here.

Dewight, the man I met in San Antonio, talked to me about living amongst the lost, and how so easily we Followers seem to be better than everyone else. Rather, I need to learn to love, to love like Christ. To weep for those who are Lost, to reach out and care for them like Christ would.

This past month has been an amazing time for Christ to reveal to me areas in my life that need a direct change. Thankfully, He is doing the changing, not me.

I ask any of you who read this post to pray for me. As my Senior year begins I am questioning what is next in my life. I am tired of wasting it, chasing the American dream. Thankfully, I have a Father that will not let me settle.

I say all of this to not only remind myself, but to also remind you. To remind you that your Father is searching for your heart. Are you looking for Him?

Our Father, who art in Heaven, Hallowed Be Thy Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment